- (May 16, 1962).
- 1860 Census.
- Marriage bond of Mears Patrick to Olivia P. Fort from Christian Co.,
dated 01 Feb 1818. Bondsman: Garry Fort.
- Obituary from 28 Aug 1886 issue of Nashville Christian Advocate, p.
15, col. 1.
- Obituary from 30 Jul 1886 issue of Bolivar Bulletin says she died at
the home of her son-in-law Dr. David J. Newbern.
- , p. 179 by Mary Ann House Mitchell.
- Funeral Record, Copied from Casey Funeral Home records.
- Social Security Death Index.
- , Nov. 1939.
- 1830 Census, Page 82.
- 1840 Census, Page 359.
- 1850 Census, District 3 of Henderson Co., TN. Page stamped 128, Printed 255, Dwelling No. 25, Family No. 25.
- 1860 Census, Civil District 3, Henderson Co., TN. Page 38, Dwelling #222, Family #232. HE-38-200.
- Arkansas State Society NSDAR, Pulaski Co, AR
Chancery Court Records & Lists (1934
Retyped and Bound 1983), Pages 42-43.
- 1830 Census, Henderson Co., TN, page 82 (James Clifford household).
- 1850 Census, Dwelling 665, family 665, page 586.
John is with his brother Nasa and wife Nancy J. Birdwell, and their new son James Henry Clifford.
- 1860 Census, Page 38, dwelling 222, family, 232. HE-38-200
John is with his father James and step-mother Mary Phelps.
- 1880 census, 3rd Civil District, page 20, dwelling 163, family 163.
- 1840 Census, Henderson Co., TN, page 359. (James C. Clifford household).
- John R. Stracener, Grand Secretary (Nashville, TN, 28 Aug 1989).
April 7, 2002.
- Date of death is assumed.
- 1860 Census, District 1
Madison Co., TN
John is with his brother Thomas in this census.
- History and Families of Chester Co., TN - Bray Family History, p. 41.
- Lewis P. Jones (1982), p. 48.
- Granny has a white and green mustache cup that belonged to him.
- He was out rabbit hunting, slipped on a stump, and acidentally shot
himself. A doctor operated on him at home but he never woke up.
- 1880 Census, http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/census/household_record.asp?HOUSEHOLD_CODE=1880US_13239009&HOUSEHOLD_SUB=1&frompage=5.
- (Cox, 1993), p. 22.
- Cemetery Records of Hardeman Co., TN v6 p57.
- O'Neal Book, p. 70, states marriage in Nov/Dec 1883.
- The Reflections Committee (Heritage House Publishing
1600 North Missouri
Marceline, MO 64658), p. 653, submitted by Thomas Earl Wade, Sr.
- Eurie Pearl Wilford Neel, Wilford-Williford Family Treks into America, Part I (1959), page 260.
- Henry T. Fort, Jr. and Drucilla Stovall Jones, A Family Called Fort (West Texas Printing Company, Midland, TX: 1970), page 2.